Sunday, July 16, 2006

Vintage Grand Prix Photoblogging I

I spent a good chunk of Saturday afternoon wandering around, getting sunburned, and taking pictures of beautiful old cars at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix. For sustenance, I had a corn dog, teriyaki-chicken-on-a-stick, a scoop of cherry ice cream, and some lemonade, all for a mere $17! Nutritious and economical! I did have a good time, even though I'm only a "car person" in the photographic sense.

I would have liked to see some Duesenbergs or Bugattis, though.


Pretty sure this is a Jag engine.


Quite possibly the most terrifying warning label I have ever seen.


Vroom! Vintage racers taking practice laps.


The most challenging thing for me about photographing vintage cars is keeping my own reflection out of the shot.

11 comments:

spocko said...

Loved the first shot, so much so that I featured it on my Nation sweeping blog (as featured by Joe Conason in Salon!)http://s88172659.onlinehome.us/2006/07/eli-makes-great-photo-of-my-future-jag.html

I swear I'll get up to 30 readers with that story.

Beth said...

Eli,

I like the picture of the racers doing laps.

Eli said...

Thanks, spocko and Lizzy!

I have a bunch more practice-lap photos that I haven't processed yet, and most of them are better than that one. You'll be seeing them.

Beth said...

Eli,

Are you going to be able to come to Branford on Thursday? or is it too far?

Eli said...

Eh? Is that Jane's do, or something else? Wherever it is, I'm afraid it's probably too far, since I don't drive, and it's kind of a critical project week at work...

Beth said...

cye

Eli said...

Um.

spocko said...

You b blogrolled
......0.(my pword here)......

Eli said...

Cool! Thanks, Spocko!

Neil Shakespeare said...

I thought that first picture was of a school of dolphins breaching. I wondered what those damn dolphins were doing at a car show...

Eli said...

Oh, cool! I'd be envious if I actually drove...