Sunday, July 16, 2006

The Return Of Sunday Softball Blogging

After a long hiatus due to weather, vacation, holidays, and insufficient players, we finally got an actul game going this weekend... barely. We started out 5-on-5, and then progressed to 6-on-6. My team lost 13-10, which was pretty respectable considering the other team had all the power hitters. I went 6-for-11 with a double, 3 runs, and an RBI, and just missed a home run. My defense was shaky around the fence, but I made a nice running catch on a shallow pop fly, and made some nice throws. No photos - in a 6-on-6 game, there just isn't time.


Current Stats: 13 games, .578 BA (48-83), .964 SLG, 10 2B, 2 3B, 6 HR, 30 runs, 26 RBI.

Career Stats: 40 games, .576 BA (160-278), .770 SLG, 27 2B, 3 3B, 7 HR, 91 runs, 66 RBI.

2 comments:

Elmo said...

You need to work on your defense. However, nice slugging percentage!

Eli said...

I've *been* working on my defense, but I always get skittish around the fence. I made a nice catch at (or on - it's kinda collapsed) the centerfield fence in batting practice last week, but only because I was drifting back and didn't realize the fence was there...

And I'm pissed that my slugging just went under 1.000. Need some homers next week.