Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Rockers Of The Caribbean

Oh, please let this be true...
Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards is lined up to play the swashbuckling father of a pirate in the third installment of the ''Pirates of the Caribbean'' series, star Johnny Depp said Tuesday.

Producer Jerry Bruckheimer said Richards would have a cameo role as the father of the flamboyant Captain Jack Sparrow, played by Depp, in the third ''Pirates'' movie, which is due to resume filming next month in California.

Depp, 43, has said he adopted the body language and mannerisms of the veteran guitarist to create Captain Jack's character.

(snip)

''You never say it's definite until the guy steps on the set and the camera is rolling. But it's looking very, very good,'' [Depp] said.

Co-star Orlando Bloom said he was similarly enthusiastic about working with Richards -- provided the rocker is in good health.

''I can't wait to see him -- well, if he doesn't kill himself falling out of coconut trees,'' Bloom said. ''Very rock and roll.''
It's like the role he was born to play.

7 comments:

Dorothy Porcher Holland said...

Have you seen the Easter Egg on the DVD for the first film where they interview Kieth Richards about the character being inspired by him? It is a hoot.

Eli said...

No, but that sounds great.

Anonymous said...

OK, Eli, I took your bait and clicked over from FDL to see what your blog looks like. It looks interesting. I'll come back when I have more time to see what all you have to say.

Eli said...

Thanks, neuro! And thanks for the defense back at FDL, although I'm not sure that occasionally mentioning that I have a blog counts as blogwhoring if I never actually link to it or ask anyone to visit...

Anyway, if you want to save time, you can just read this post, since most of what I have to say politically is encapsulated within.

Eli said...

Um, I apologize if any of that sounded snotty - it was honestly not intended to...

Anonymous said...

I just keep thinking about how I would feel if someone told me that the role I was born to play was in "Pirates of the Caribbean 3."

I don't think that I'd be feeling too good.

Eli said...

Hey, if I was 62 and someone told *me* that the role I was born to play was that of a pirate, I think I'd be pretty psyched.