Friday, July 07, 2006

Movies To Watch For

Well. The shadowy and mysterious Codename V. has advised me of her intent to watch BloodRayne, directed by crappy-videogame-
adaptation master Uwe Boll, and urged me to check out his IMDb filmography, so that I might more fully appreciate his genius.

Already under his belt: The aforementioned BloodRayne, House of the Dead, and Alone in the Dark (I don't think I even want to know what German Fried Movie is...).

In the works: Adaptations of Dungeon Siege, Far Cry, and... Postal. The game's premise is basically what you would think: Postal worker goes nutzoid. And why am I singling it out for special attention? Because it has Gary Coleman in it.

I repeat: A postal-worker-rampage movie with Gary Coleman in it. (Alas, I don't think he's the one who goes on the rampage.) As V. observes, this is surely Quality, and she would know. Coming next year to a video store near you.

10 comments:

Reel Fanatic said...

How could you put Gary Coleman in such a movie and not have him go "Postal"? .. heresy, but it should be ultrafun

Eli said...

This is the question we are all asking. It defies explanation.

V said...

Note, I didn't say it was Quality in the Sean Bean sense. It's more like... Erik Estrada Quality. At best.

Eli said...

Bah. A distinction without a difference.

NYMary said...

Damn, you got a hat tip from Donita at FDL, you lucky SOB!

Eli said...

I'm mystified, really. Boney M??? Who woulda thunk.

P. Drāno said...

Acording to his Wikipedia entry, Uwe Boll challenges his critics to 10 rounds of boxing. So he's pretty serious about the work.

Eli said...

I'd like to see Ed Wood top that.

V said...

Dudes, this is Uwe Boll. How hard can it be to take him out in the first round?

karmic said...

Eli.. you are hitting the big time man. :-d