Monday, July 24, 2006

Sunday Softball Blogging

Well, our usual problem of lack of players was unexpectedly solved when a bunch of kids who normally play baseball on the same field on Saturdays showed up. I think we ended up 10-on-10 or more, with some people rotating sitting out. I had a pretty good day at the plate, 5-for-5 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and an RBI. My defense was pretty solid, and I made some of my best throws ever in the early innings - strong, accurate, hitting the catcher on the fly. My accuracy got a little shaky as the game wore on, though.


Current Stats: 14 games, .602 BA (53-88), .989SLG, 12 2B, 2 3B, 6 HR, 32 runs, 27 RBI.

Career Stats: 41 games, .583 BA (165-283), .781 SLG, 29 2B, 3 3B, 7 HR, 93 runs, 67 RBI.


I love the symmetry. It almost looks like it should be set to music or something.


Also kind of symmetrical. And yes, she does have two legs, in case anyone was wondering.


I'm a happy guy, 'cuz I just rocked an opposite field double. Not sure what the defense is happy about.


Just another lucky day at the ol' ballfield.

2 comments:

Ol' Froth said...

What time do you play? I can be there after 2p!

BTW, I joined an over 40 baseball leage...foolish me.

Eli said...

We start practicing at 1, and usually start playing at 1:30, but latecomers are neither unexpected nor unwelcome.

I can get you directions to Bandi Schaum Field (South Side Slopes) if you're interested.