Friday, December 29, 2006

Program Notes/Travelogue

Well, the wireless network I had been using at my sister's has pulled the plug on me, so I'm limited to the Treo, which means no catblogging until I get back to my Dad's in Joisey.

Apart from that, yesterday was quite a lovely day. I took a bunch of pictures along the river between 10th and 30th (the riverside has been very good to me, photographically speaking), including Sanitation Headquarters (huzzah!), then tried to find Bobby St. Chomsky's favorite pizza place on 30th & 8th. There were actually two pizza places there, and I'm pretty sure I picked the oldest (they had an old-fashioned mechanical cash register and everything). Their eggplant pizza was pretty good, but their pepperoni was disappointing.

Then I headed over to Flushing Meadows to meet Thers and Molly Ivors and their 723 children/demolitionists at the Queens Museum Of Art, right near Shea Stadium and that giant metal globe from the World's Fair. The Museum's feature attraction is an enormous diorama of NYC's five boroughs, which takes up a full art-gallery-sized room. My inability to locate even the approximate whereabouts of my old apartment was pretty pathetic.

Finally, to cap off the day, my sister and I had a lovely time at the Atriots' Festivus Dinner which res ipsa loquitur was kind enough to organize. Also in attendance were Thers and Molly Ivors, The Kenosha Kid, karmic jay and his friend Dan, watertiger, brooklyn girl, HoneyBearKelly, and a couple of lurkers whose names I unfortunately did not quite catch.

I'll be back home for good Saturday night, so hopefully blogging will resume as normal, after I watch the Giants finish choking away a playoff spot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

...after I watch the Giants finish choking away a playoff spot.

That's the spirit!

spork_incident said...

Then I headed over to Flushing Meadows to meet Thers and Molly Ivors and their 723 children

I thought it was 913 children but oh well...

Damned Roman Cat'licks! :-D


("nibcez:" It should mean something.)
.

Eli said...

I thought it was 913 children but oh well...

I've been out of the loop for a while.

Interrobang said...

Do Thers and Molly always have batches of children ending in 3?

That sounds like a good gathering. :) I hope to see some of you Atriots at Jeffraham's gathering in Nashvegas this summer, that is, if I can get up the gumption to cross the thin red-white-and-blue line.

Anonymous said...

eeeek! Eli! couldn't find Lincoln Towers? Actually, I don't think you actually lived here... but ya coulda triangulated up and down the UWS from there on that big 3D map...
PS nice photos...more NYC, pls