Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday Media Blogging

Special Mets Edition:


This was the first thing I heard after the Mets won Game 7, except that the version I heard had audio highlights instead of Joe Piscopo and "Let's go, Mets go, let's go, Mets go." So you'll just have to take my word for it that Bob Murphy calling a Mookie Wilson RBI triple is one of the sweetest sounds there is.


This was the next thing I heard after "Let's Go, Mets." Well, maybe not this exact version...


I was going to post The Superbowl Shuffle for contrast, and because Gary Fencik trying to rap is A Hilarious Funny Thing, but apparently there are copyright issues (the mind boggles). Nertz.

6 comments:

Smartypants said...

The Super Bowl Shuffle? Oh man. That takes me waaaay back.

Rick said...

Mookie Wilson? Bill Buckner? Ugh... the most infamous moment in baseball history. Coming back from 3 down against the Yankees only partly makes up for it...

Eli said...

I actually have an oversized button that plays "Bear Down, Chicago Bears". Unless I gave it to my Illinois friend...

karmic said...

The moment that shall live on in infamy?
BTW my google news reader says you have a new post but your blog does not show it? Wierd?

Eli said...

I did pull a post yesterday because I just couldn't get it to work (nothing controversial, it was just too convoluted to be funny) - maybe that's what you were seeing?

karmic said...

Yep :)