Monday, October 02, 2006

I Agree With Condi!

Can't really argue with this...
Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice said it was “incomprehensible” that she could have ignored dire terrorist threats two months before the attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

Excellent word choice; I couldn't agree more.
Secretary Rice said Sunday night that there would have been no need for a “a kind of emergency meeting in which there was a need to shock me, given that every day we were meeting in the Oval Office going over the threat reporting” during the summer of 2001, when spy agencies were flooded with warnings of an imminent Al Qaeda attack.

(...)

“What I can be quite certain of is that I would remember if I was told, as this account apparently says, that there was about to be an attack in the United States,” she said. “The idea that I would have somehow ignored that, I find incomprehensible — especially given that in July, we’re getting a steady stream of quite alarmist reports of potential attacks.”

So let me see if I have this straight. Your alibi hinges on the fact that you were getting a "steady stream" of terror alerts... which you also failed to act upon? Brilliant! No wonder your husb- er, President Bush thinks so highly of you.

Be sure to read the rest of the article - Condi's huffiness is always a treat.

No comments: