Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sorta Softball Blogging

Well, we didn't quite get enough interest or people (maybe if we pushed it) for a game, but we had a nice time with some casual batting practice. Typically uneven for me, but Woody was a star at the plate and in the field, after a bit of a rough start.

Since I was in the field or at bat the whole time, no real action shots, but I have plenty of pictures of the picnic afterward.


Mmm... clouds... (I think I can see my invisible buddy's house from here!)

There appear to be a few silhouettriots as well.


Major beardness! Prior Aelred, Woody Guthrie's Guitar, and Mr. Quilt Lady.

Note that the Prior's inner radiance makes a flash quite unnecessary.


"Wow, that was an awesome beard picture," you say, "but I sure wish I could get a better look at the Prior's beard and one of his spiffy headphones."

Your wish is my command.


Feral Liberal, shortly after being reintroduced into his native habitat. We attempted to coax him down with nuts and berries, but he just snarled at us and scampered away. Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Thers said...

Feral Liberal climbing the tree was one of the highlights of the weekend. Egads that was funny.

Eli said...

I kept thinking of the Andy Milonakis sketch where his John Stamos gets stuck in a tree.

Andy: "Help! My John Stamos is stuck in a tree!"

John Stamos: "I'm stuck in a tree!"



Possibly you hadda be there...

Anonymous said...

Ah, damn, if I'd known it was going to be that much fun, I would have made more of an effort to go. I just couldn't figure out the logistics, beforehand. Oh, well, I'll go to the next one.

Anonymous said...

thank you sweetie, for the pics. i'm so sorry i couln't come, you make me feel like i missed a convergence of beardness that no gay person should ever miss...

-chicago dyke

Eli said...

Heh heh heh... Mr. QL is booked solid, but I'm sure Woody and the Prior would both be more than happy to provide any beard services you might need...

Missed you, chica!

oldwhitelady said...

Those pictures are great. Ha! Feral Liberal in his normal habitat! Funny stuff!

ntodd said...

I have absolutely no recollection of the weekend.

watertiger said...

WHEEEEE!

I actually LIKE that photo of me, Eli. Thanks!

Eli said...

Mischief suits you, tigre.