Sunday, September 17, 2006

Sunday Softball Blogging - The Last Hurrah Whimper

Well, this was our last game of the season, and I totally sucked - I'm just useless if I don't get batting practice before the game. I ended up 3-for-9 with 2 runs and an RBI. Basically I hit seven really weak ground balls, one bullet ground ball for a hit, and one bullet line drive to right-centerfield gap for a hit that probably would have been a double if no-one had been on base. Anyway, I lost 20 points on my average, and my slugging percentage dipped below 1.000 by one at-bat (or base). Sigh. This'll probably be my career year, too.

Oddly enough, I didn't get a single fly ball in left until the bottom of the ninth, when I got two, and couldn't handle either of them. The second one ricocheted about 20-30 feet off of my knee, which now looks like it just had surgery.


Final 2006 Stats: 20 games, .622 BA (79-127), .992 SLG, 15 2B, 4 3B, 8 HR, 48 runs, 45 RBI.

Career Stats: 47 games, .593 BA (191-322), .807 SLG, 32 2B, 5 3B, 9 HR, 109 runs, 85 RBI.


A very dynamic pitching style.


I just love the accidental-giant-head shots...


Now that's a swing.

1 comment:

Ol' Froth said...

Eli, I know all about flubbed fly balls. I can't handle ANYTHING in the field. Been doing well in the batting cages (up to the 70mph pitchs), but I need to find a fielding simulator somwhere.