Saturday, September 09, 2006

Ow, My Neck! NYC Photoblogging

Nothing quite screams "Tourist!" like taking lots of pictures looking up at all them thar tall buildings - maybe I should have worn some kind of nametag assuring people that I really did used to live here...

Anyway, just wanted to post up some more NYC photos before I headed out to see Kos over on the South Side...


Here's something you don't typically see in Manhattan...


This, on the other hand...


Teddy Roosevelt and, um... some Indian guy?


It's, like, an Amish building or something.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there, Eli. Someone on Eschaton mentioned this site as your blogspot. I'm the guy who advised you to visit a great pizza stand @ 8th Ave and 30th St. Just wanted to know if you made it there and if so how the pizza was (if in fact it still exists). Since I don't have a blog, I will wait for the time I see your name on FDL or Eschaton and ask you at that time. Haven't been to my home town since '94. It's probably changed considerably. I'd never seen armed military there in the 39 years I lived there and I believe they have them patrolling the streets now. Chilling thought. Anyway, I'm sure you enjoyed your visit as NYC is a most monumental town. Speak to you soon.
Peace.

Eli said...

Yes, I remember that... now.

I was walking my old turf between West 60th and 82nd that Sunday, so I didn't get to 30th. I'll try to remember for next time - I don't really have a territory planned out, so that'll work as well as any, plus I can get there on foot from my sister's.

I did not see a single troop, but my old neighborhood is maybe not what you'd consider a prime terrorist target...

oldwhitelady said...

Those photos are great. I like that last one. I tend to take a lot of pictures from that angle, too. Marvelous!