Monday, June 05, 2006

Nedheads

Nice Lieberman's-In-Trouble post (okay, maybe that's redundant) at ConnecticutBLOG, and I thought this paragraph in particular was particularly compelling:
"There is a very sizable contingent of liberal Democrats in this state who want a change," said Gary Rose, a political analyst at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, Connecticut. "Anything could happen in this primary. Turnout will be low."
Ever since 2004, I've been a big believer in the power of turnout. I'm convinced that one of the big reasons the Democrats keep losing is that the Republican base is motivated and fired up while the Democratic base is disgusted, demoralized and discouraged by a party establishment that spurns them in pursuit of fickle "swing voters" who probably don't turn out much anyway.

But I digress. In a primary, it's pretty much all base, and I just cannot imagine anyone getting fired up to vote for a dud like Lieberman, least of all an actual Democrat. So I have high hopes that if Lamont can get to within, say, 5%, turnout will do the rest. And for the first time in his miserable life, Joe Lieberman will suddenly believe in election fraud...

2 comments:

karmic said...

Wish I still lived in CT. Heh but I have a bunch of frnds who are Democrats. I will see them this weekend. I will be pitching Lamont's case, but it won't be hard they don't like Joementum.

Eli said...

Heh. I think there'll be a lot of people saying "You had me at 'Someone's running against Lieberman.'"