Saturday, June 17, 2006

Completely Random Photoblogging

Absolutely no theme whatsoever. The only common ground is that two of them happen to be sky pictures, and the first and last one both have green in them...


Ring ring ring ring ring ring ring, Verizon phone...


Oh look, it's on o' them, whaddyacallit, sunset thingies.


More fun with clouds.


I need to take more pictures right after it rains...

(If you click on the pic and look real close, you can see some reflections in the larger droplets)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i actually like that cloud picture.

In theory, you would think the blur would be pretty much the same. Same optics, right?

no way you could record a blur at a 250th on film. i imagine the difference is in the lag time it takes the computer to record. at any rate the effect 'looks different' and i actually like it better in digital. i understand digital can be a real bear for sports photographers, and i believe fashion guys mostly shoot jpegs. it's an amazing amount of "instant" computing when you think about it.

well, one day i'm going to find a real job then i might buy one of those digidial doo hickeys. think'n the canon 20D, tho i wish i could do the 5D, same sized chip as 35mm film.

four legs good said...

I like the cloud picture too. Actually, I like all of them.

I love taking photos after it rains as well.

Charley, I have the 20d and I like it very much. I do want the 5D, but that may have to wait for a year or so.

As for digital being a bear for sports photographers, I say, no, not so much. If you want blur, slow the shutter way down. I'm able to replicate everything I do on film on my digital camera.

Speaking of which, I should go take some pictures today.

Eli said...

Thanks, guys. I'm actually taking photos *right now* (okay, I'm taking a break right this second, obviously...

I really prefer my photos not to have *any* blur but I try not to be narrow-minded if I accidentally come up with something cool.