Sunday, April 30, 2006

Inaugural Sunday Softball Blogging!

Attendance was... remarkably good. We actually had too many people, so someone had to sit out each inning. My fielding was about the usual - made some nice running catches and good throws, but also dropped a couple of balls at the edge of my range. My hitting was a complete disaster, however. I didn't take any practice swings in the offseason (or get to take pregame BP), and have apparently lost my ability to make contact with anything. We don't play with strikeouts, so I had some painfully long at-bats (maybe 10-20 swings each?). When I finally did make contact, I scratched out some ground balls and had one solid line-drive out.

I will definitely be taking practice swings and lots of BP next time...

Current Stats: 2 games, .571 BA (4-7), 2 runs, 1 RBI.

Career Stats: 29 games, .574 BA (116-202), 18 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 63 runs, 41 RBI.


Feets don't fail me now!


Bye bye, hat.

I'm, uh, not entirely sure who Bearded Guy is, but he's a STAR!

1 comment:

flory said...

Practice, young Eli. Practice.