Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Time-Delayed Christmas Photoblogging

Okay, this is pretty much the last of the pre-NYC pics, other than a great photo of my little sis that would probably get me skinned alive if I posted it.


Cozy!


Top-down view of a nativity scene with a candle fan, turned by hot air from the candles.


Crazy chandelier shadows.


Even crazier chandelier shadows. I debated on whether or not to post two photos so similar, but I like the composition of the first one, and the abstract wildness of the second one.

7 comments:

karmic said...

Nice pics, esp the Chandeliers. Do you see a face in there or a holy spirit? ;)

Eli said...

A face, definitely - spirit, not so much...

Anonymous said...

Nice pics. The fire in particular - the flame against the dark - puts me in mind of Georges de la Tour's "Penitent Magdalene" (scroll down about 40% of the way).

Eli said...

Thanks! I really like taking pictures *of* lightsources, because the camera often does strange and unpredictable things with them.

Anonymous said...

Yuh, Eli - de la Tour had a thing for candles - especially in mirrors.

Eli said...

I like mirrors too, but my dad doesn't have any in his fireplace, for some reason.

Anonymous said...

Heh.