Tuesday, January 16, 2007

B&W UNISPHERE Photoblogging

I don't think there's actually any convention that requires "UNISPHERE" to be spelled with all caps - I just feel like it should be pronounced in the most portentous way possible.

Unfortunately, my battery ran out before I could get all the shots I wanted, and my backup battery appears to have a serious leak. I tried to get the shots with my wee backup camera, but the results were mixed. Those shots might appear in a separate post sometime, who knows.


Behold, the power of the UNISPHERE!


The metal Horn Of Africa.


Excelsior! Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

karmic said...

Nice pics.. ye behold the metal horn of Africa where we be pounding the AQ or something.

Eli said...

I think you mean MQ: Metal-Qaeda.

V said...

Hey, we have a UNISPHERE here in town, in front of the chamber of commerce. It's made of gold-plated bottlecaps.

I shit you not.

Eli said...

Oh my.

The NYC UNISPHERE is, I believe, the largest globe in the world (not counting the world itself, of course), but there's a pretty good chance that yours is the world's largest globe made of gold-plated bottlecaps.

And, of course, there's the water tower what looks like a bum. I'm going to have to take pictures of that some day, preferably when the sky is brilliantly blue and full of fluffy white clouds.

V said...

Yeah, the local UNISPHERE is pretty small. Probably around 10 feet across, if that.

The giant bum just got a fresh paint job, BTW. Still looks like it's got a bad case of the piles.

four legs good said...

Are those the alien spaceships from MIB in the background?

Eli said...

Heh. I think they're some sort of Buildings Of The Future left over from the 1962 World's Fair. If I hadn't been meeting NYMary and Thers, I would have taken a closer look.