Friday, May 13, 2005

Very Local Tech News

My PC has now been up & running for 60 days straight! Yay!

My A/C is frozen, and I have been instructed not to use it until they come back and fix it tomorrow. Is at least 90 degrees in here (that's how high the thermostatmometer goes). Boo!


Also, Without A Trace officially jumped the shark tonight. Some incredibly lame, stupid BS where the put Anthony LaPaglia in really bad age makeup as the Missing Person Of The Week, so his FBI character is trying to catch up with his own doppelganger. It ended with what was supposed to be some big cathartic revelation, but it was more like a non sequitur. Just awful.

3 comments:

Thers said...

How can an AC be "frozen" in 90 degree heat?

I suspect the Forces of Darkness. Also, you should clean the filter.

I don't even know what Without a Trace is. Is there a gap in my life?

oldwhitelady said...

No AC? Once upon a time when I worked in the computer room at college, the AC iced up and we upped the temp and it came back to life. I don't know if that would work in your case.

Eli said...

Well, the pattern was, it would run fine for a few hours, then stop working. If I left it off for a few hours, it would thaw out and be okay again for a while.


Presumably they're fixing it so it won't freee up at all.



Thers: No. No, there isn't. Although LaPaglia would be an intriguing choice to play W, were it not for his voice.