Thursday, May 19, 2005

It's My Midget And I'll Blog If I Want To...

NY Daily News reports on Guitar World's feature on rockers' "Spinal Tap moments":
"We were doing drugs in the dressing room," says Wood, remembering a concert in the early '80s. "Suddenly the tour manager stuck his head around the door and said, 'The police are here!' We all panicked and threw our drugs in the toilet.

"Then Sting, Andy Summers and Stewart Copeland walked in."

(snip)

Ozzy Osbourne remembers when he lost his patience with the midget Black Sabbath hired for a tour. "He showed up late, he drank....It got to me after awhile. So, one night, when he wanted to get on the tour bus, I threw him in the luggage compartment.

Somebody grabbed me and said: 'What you're doing is not only illegal but it's inhumane.'

"I lost it. I yelled: 'He's my [bleeping] midget and I'll [bleeping] do what I want with him.' There was a silence and then a small voice emerged from the luggage compartment: 'He's right: I'm his midget and he can do what he wants with me.'"

(snip)

Keith Richards remembers shooting a video that called for tramps with dogs. The director thought a dog should be "weird" or "disfigured," so "they called up some agency and the word came back 'We can get you a lame dog by noon. Which leg would you want missing?'"

I am sooo in the wrong business.

1 comment:

oldwhitelady said...

HA! I wonder if they were going to cut off the leg:)