Sunday, June 18, 2006

Sunday Softball Blogging - I AM SWEATY!!!

Well, walking to my softball game in 88-degree temperatures may not have been the best idea in the world, but I did get a coupla hundred more pictures on the way. I went 7-for-9 with 2 doubles, a home run, 6 runs, and 2 RBI (I seemed to be leading off almost every inning), which sounds great until you consider that it was 88 DEGREES. And we were playing 6-on-6, so I didn't get any breaks to take pictures or, well, breathe.

Defense was pretty good except for one high line drive I let tick off the top of my glove, plus I had a really awesome running, over-the-shoulder catch in batting practice (too bad I can never do that in an actual game).


Current Stats: 11 games, .585 BA (38-65), 1.062 SLG, 9 2B, 2 3B, 6 HR, 25 runs, 24 RBI.

Career Stats: 38 games, .577 BA (150-260), .781 SLG, 26 2B, 3 3B, 7 HR, 86 runs, 64 RBI.

6 comments:

Diane said...

Way to go, Old Son.

Those stats are still looking mighty awesome. You are en fuego!

Anonymous said...

Six homers? A slugger! You are turning into a slugger.

Eli said...

Honestly, I have no idea what's going on - could just be the new bat (I crushed some balls with a different bat on Wednesday, so who knows).

I'll take it, though.

Aloysius said...

This is... something about sports, isn't it?

:-p

four legs good said...

WAAAAAHHHHH!!!!

88 degrees, oh my god!

You wuss, it was 98 here and I went jogging. (Almost had a stroke, but that's another story.)

Eli said...

The walking really wasn't bad at all, but the softball was brutal, especially since I was running the bases pretty much *all the time*.