Thursday, June 08, 2006

Belated Wednesday Softball Blogging - I Am... Not Mighty.

I continue to suck on Wednesdays. I think it has something to do with fatigue, or maybe the Wednesday crew just plays better defense, but if I bet that if I could split my stats between Wednesdays and Sundays, I would be batting about 200 points higher on Sundays.

This week, after a full afternoon of picture-taking on my birthday, I was too mentally and physically drained to do much, although I did hit my first triple of the season, and I threw the ball pretty well, including another assist at third. I ended up 2-for-7 with 2 runs and 2 RBI, and a lot of popups and lazy fly balls. I should have told everyone it was my birthday before the game - maybe I could have gotten some favorable drops or something...

On the neato side, my team did turn a triple play on a fly ball to center, thanks to a couple of inexperienced baserunners who were off at the crack of the bat.


Current Stats: 8 games, .558 BA (24-43), 6 2B, 1 3B, 4 HR, 15 runs, 18 RBI.

Career Stats: 35 games, .571 BA (136-238), 23 2B, 2 3B, 5 HR, 76 runs, 58 RBI.


I don't think he's gonna get there...


Less light in the evening means slower exposures, which means more blur, which is actually kinda cool-looking. Will need to do some deliberate experimenting with that at some point...


Adventurous baserunning pays off.

2 comments:

four legs good said...

Slow your shutter WAAAAYYY down.

I love doing that.

If it's not sharp, it might as well be really weird and blurry.

Eli said...

Yep, that's the plan. All I really need to do is lower the ISO (I use aperture priority mode for softball pics) - 800 is too grainy anyway.