Thursday, May 25, 2006

Wednesday Softball Blogging

Tonight was the first week (for me) of Wednesday Night Softball. The game had just started when I showed up, and it was somehow my turn at bat, with the bases loaded. So pretty much right off the street, I hit a two-run single back up the middle. Next at-bat, bases loaded again, two-run double. Five subsequent at-bats, mostly with the bases empty... 1-for-5 with a run and no RBI. Net result, an unusually productive 3-7, with a double, a run, and 4 RBI.

Fielding was... erratic. Not sure if it's something about the field or the lateness of the hour, or if I just can't get a good read if I'm too far towards centerfield. I caught a few and lost a few, but I did make some strong throws which my arm is now paying for.

Wednesday players don't keep score, so I can't tell you who won...


Current Stats: 6 games, .517 BA (15-29), 3 2B, 2 HR, 9 runs, 12 RBI.

Career Stats: 33 games, .567 BA (127-224), 21 2B, 1 3B, 3 HR, 70 runs, 52 RBI.


From the knees! I can't remember if he got the out or not...


Attempting to salvage a bobble and drop.


Something tells me she's gonna be taking another base... Posted by Picasa

No comments: