Monday, May 22, 2006

Ohgodpleaseyes.

So I was reading WaPo's The Fix inside-baseball political blog, a post about Kerry's new political advisor (some guy), and this happy little tidbit jumped out at me at the end:
One consultant who will not be back if Kerry runs again is Bob Shrum, who served as the lead strategist during the '04 race. Shrum says he has retired from American politics and currently serves as a senior fellow at New York University's Wagner School of Public Service.
Oh God, I hope this is true. I'm sure the Republicans will do everything they can to entice this professional albatross to hang himself around the Democrats' necks once again. I'm thinking maybe something like: "Prominent Republican spokesmen expressed confidence in their party's ability to retain control of the White House with wily master tactician Bob Shrum out of the picture. 'It will be a tough fight, but we will prevail as long as Shrum stays on the sidelines. Quite frankly, we're all scared to death of him. The man's a beast,' said chief Republican strategist Karl Rove, unable to suppress a smirk of sheer animal terror."

5 comments:

four legs good said...

Oh god please yes is my reaction too. What ever advice the rethugs give, we should do the opposite.


BTW, you've got mail on the film thing.

four legs good said...

sent new email. I know you are thrilled.

Eli said...

Yep, I got it. Very exciting indeed.

¡El Gato Negro! said...

Why can no the maldito Shrum be one of thees teary-eyed pipples who says that las Democratistas have abandoned heem, and as a result, he ees reluctantly joining the Republiculo party, eh?

I guess that el nino dios does no love me that much.

so.

Eli said...

We should take up a collection and create some kind of fake Republican "Draft Bob Shrum" organization to entice him into doing just exactly that.