Wednesday, May 31, 2006

The One That Got Away

So I went out last night on a photographic mission...


I wanted to get a picture of these with some cool extreme evening shadows on them, but there was a building blocking the sunlight. Bugger.

But, on my way back home, I did meet this very sweet and affectionate tuxedo kitty:


I'm calling him "Gollum."


Incoming!


Aw. Precious.


I seriously thought about taking Gollum home, but I just couldn't get around all the logistical questions, especially without a car. I feel pretty crappy about it, but I really don't think I can give a kitty much of a home without at least some prep work beforehand.

I'm... not impulsive.

6 comments:

watertiger said...

he may belong to someone who foolishly didn't put a collar on him.

If he's still there...

Anonymous said...

oh man, if i had golum to bring home.

Eli said...

This thought also occurred to me. He certainly didn't seem feral.

Plus no guarantees that he wouldn't turn into a tornado of teeth and claws if I tried to pick him up...

The Heretik said...

He looks far more like Tuxedo Kitty than Gollum.

Woody (Tokin Librul/Rogue Scholar/ Helluvafella!) said...

Dix really, really wants a cat...
she grew to enjoy cats before the last ex-mrs/prof/dr wgg became estranged...

she makes friends with cats in just a few moments...

but the inside of the kennel is full of delicate shit which a cat would unintentionaly deposit on the floor every once in a while...

Eli said...

Aw, Dixie's a sweetie.