Thursday, May 18, 2006

Oh Well.

I knew it was too good to be true...
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Joey Porter is backing off tongue-in-cheek comments that he plans to tell President Bush next month that he dislikes how the country is being run.

(snip)

The Pro Bowl linebacker issued a statement Wednesday saying he regrets making comments that some apparently construed as serious.

"I regret that my quotes about our team's upcoming visit to the White House were taken out of context," Porter said in a statement issued by the team. "I am very excited to have an opportunity to visit the White House and meet the president of the United States."

Porter also said his comments were not meant to suggest he disapproves of Bush or the job he is doing.
Sigh...

1 comment:

Elmo said...

I thought Porter was mean and tough? The IRS must have given him a call.