Tuesday, August 02, 2005

OH-2, Crap.

Well, I guess it's not a huge surprise...

My Bold Prediction: The media and the Republicans will totally ignore this district's overwhelming redness, and push storylines of Dramatic Republican Come-From-Behind Victory, and "Are Democrats just too angry and rude to win?" I don't think moral victories are enough here - the context will be discarded, and this election will be used to further the notion that Democrats are Losers because they're too aggressive and mean and spineless and wimpy.

What I would love to see, and probably won't, would be interviews with staunch Republican voters explaining why they voted Republican or stayed home this time around. We need to change the story from the Democrats' losing streak to the growing dissatisfaction with and turning away from the Republicans. Maybe we can make it "uncool" to vote for Republicans in 2006...


I wanted to wait until I had officially posted an "I Am Back From Vacation" entry, but I have to finish processing the photos, and by the time I got done with that, my prediction wouldn't be much of a prediction anymore...

1 comment:

Horatio said...

Yes, indeed. I'd love to see a "What's happening in GOP strongholds?" storyline.