Thursday, August 18, 2005

Eli's Grand Day Out

Well, here I am once again in the Wireless Food Court, hoping I can post this before my battery plotzes (battery meter is curiously unhelpful). I took a bunch of pictures, mostly out of the bus window, on my way to the Waterfront shopping centre to pick up softball supplies for EschaCon. Mixed results, but there were a few successes.


I was especially hoping to catch a picture of this - it's like a little island with its own little walkway, like a medieval castle with a moat or something.


The things you see while waiting for the bus. Cue the Angelic Choir... Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where is that house Eli? I live in Sq. Hill, I thought it looked familiar...

Eli said...

I'm honestly not sure - it's a senior center along the 56E's route, if that's any help...

zoe p. said...

This is the Greenfield Senior Center, near the McGee pool and ballfield. At the corner of Greenfield Ave and McCaslin, I think. Read all about it.

Another beautiful part of this building is the side facing the kids' toy, where graffiti has been painted over in varying tones of beige. So there are these big, light and slightly various blocks of color . . . I saw it and I thought if I ever owned a cement block house (like the kind they have in Florida), I'd paint it this way.

Beautiful too, but now a little disturbing and anachronistic, is a what might be interpreted as an abstract kind of cross, in the side of the building and made out of tile, same as makes the front so pretty.

They also have what looks like an astro-turfed bocce court . . .

Enjoy . . .

oldwhitelady said...

That cloud picture is fantastic! WOW!

You also reminded me that I had a camera full of photos to be uploaded to the computer.

Anonymous said...

The picture says, get on that bus, really. Or else. Great blog. Especially the photos, and the felines are excellent, as of course all felines are.

AND, I know how you pronounce(d?) truck. I was there. You. Guess.