Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Too-Late Lollipopblogging

This is more of a lament than a photoblog, really. I have a soft spot for the offbeat architecture of Two Columbus Circle, and I've blogged once or twice before about how it's on the verge of getting a really lame, characterless makeover. I made Columbus Circle the first stop of my NYC Walkabout, in hopes of getting some pictures of the condemned facade before it was too late.

Unfortunately, while I think the facade is still intact, it's completely covered up, so I was unable to take the photographic portraits I had hoped for (click the link above to see 2CC in all its naked glory). I was still able to get a few shots, but nothing like what I had hoped for:


The Lollipop Building, also known as Two Columbus Circle, shrouded in mystery... and scaffolding.


The lollipops are still sorta visible under the scaffolding...


But soon they will be gone or hidden completely. And that makes me a saaaad lollipop. Posted by Picasa

No comments: