Thursday, July 21, 2005

Wednesday Softball Blogging

Well, the average continues to slowly decline, but at least I was productive. 4-for-8, but with a bases-loaded 2-run double, a triple, 3 runs, and 3 RBIs. Discerning baseball fans will note that I was a home run shy of the cycle, which was not lost on me, and didn't really help my hitting too much. A home run would theoretically not be that hard for me to hit, even as power-deficient as I am - I just have to get the ball over, past, or between the outfielders in left, where it'll roll a long, long way - but it hasn't even come close to happening yet.

Not too shabby in the field, except for one line drive that I completely and utterly lost in the sun, which is just brutal in left, and had to fight off the sun to just barely catch another one. Pretty good day throwing - managed to hold one or two people to triples on balls to the wall, and helped throw someone out at home plate, so that's something. My arm is not that great, but throwing the ball just feels really good - and like with hitting, the better the throw/hit, the better it feels.

Went out with the other players afterwards, and a good time was had by all - but I probably stayed out a bit too late...

Current Stats: 19 games, .553 BA (78-141), 13 2B, 1 3B, 44 runs, 24 RBI.


Took some action shots this time, although it's a bit more difficult with the fading light and all. I'll try bumping up my "film" speed next week.


This was admittedly probably more impressive if you saw it live, but it was one hell of a catch. Please, take my word for it and make appropriate oohs and aahs.


Deep down, I know I really shouldn't use this shot, but I still kinda like it... Posted by Picasa