Friday, December 30, 2005

Friday Quote & Lizard Blogging

This week's quote is from the book I've almost finished - Dead Lines, by Greg Bear, one of my favorite sci-fi authors:
I finally figured it out. This world is awful - it's bad art.... There's something underneath, something wonderful and full of color. It's happy and it makes sense. I can feel it. Some hifalutin, cruel god has painted over an ancient masterpiece filled with joy.
Hopefully I'll get around to blogging a little more on Dead Lines, but for now, suffice it to say that it's more supernatural than sci-fi, and it goes from aimlessly creepy to Holy Shit! in the span of about five pages.


And, of course, there'll be other people's lizards...


I'm pretty sure Spike doesn't like me. I know I've seen that glare before, but I just... can't... quite...


Ah. There it is. The look of someone who desperately wants me stopped. Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

watertiger said...

hahahahahahahahahaha!

Anonymous said...

With enemies like those, I hope you've hired protection.

And my work verification is ltenc. I think I'll name my next child that.

Ltenc.

spork_incident said...

KK is pure eeevil. Eeevil I say!


.

The Kenosha Kid said...

I AM NOT A LIZARD! Excuse me while I eat this fly.

Thers said...

Mmmmmmmmm. Bacon flies.

oldwhitelady said...

Last night, for New Year's eve, we watched that Cheech and Chong movie where smoking the weed turns people into lizards... and then I come here and see this post? Scary!