Sunday, August 14, 2005

Sunday Softball Blogging

Woohoo! I got my 100th hit of the season! I have no idea if this is really a meaningful milestone, but it sounds kinda cool, and it means I'm averaging a hair over 4 hits per game (of course, I'm also averaging almost 7 at-bats per game...).

Anyway, today was the day for trying out the new gear for the EschaCon softball game - the fanciest of the new bats has a great sweet spot, but it's very small, and the rest of the bat sucks. So if you hit it on the sweet spot, it's a rocket (I hit two balls out in a short batting practice session), but if you miss, it kinda thunks weakly. My spare gloves got some use, and I think I broke in my new cleats pretty well, too.

Oh yeah, the game. My team got pretty well crushed, something like 20-12, but I had a decent game at the plate, hitting the ball sharply up the middle and opposite field: 5-for-7 with 2 doubles, 2 runs, and 3 RBIs. Defense left a bit to be desired, especially on fly balls close to the fence, which have always been my achilles heel. Well, that and throwing. And ground balls. And- I'll come in again.

Current Stats: 24 games, .575 BA (100-174), 17 2B, 1 3B, 55 runs, 35 RBI.


Run, Forrest, run!!!


I like the little puff of dirt around the front foot.Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

watertiger said...

I like the graceful turn of the ankle!