Sunday, August 06, 2006

Wait... What?

By way of Atrios:
From a press release just issued containing a speech he's delivering at a campaign event with Max Cleland.
Sadly, my opponent has done his best to distort my record, spending at least $4 million of his own money to mislead people into thinking that I am someone I am not. Not unlike what happened to Max Cleland four years ago.
Now that's chutzpah. I think it's pretty safe to say that Lieberman's support for George W. Bush has been considerably more substantive than Cleland's support for Osama bin Laden. Come to think of it, Bush's support for Osama has been considerably more substantive than Cleland's...

But that's not actually what made me go WTF. Why is Cleland campaigning for Lieberman??? Why is any anti-war Dem (I'm looking at you, Ms. Boxer) campaigning for Lieberman? He's stabbed Boxer and Cleland in the back on Iraq; he's stabbed NARAL and Planned Parenthood in the back on Alito and emergency contraception at hospitals; he's stabbed Bill Clinton in the back on Monica Lewinsky, and yet they've all supported him against an actual anti-war, pro-choice Democrat. I don't know what kind of pheromones or hypnotism Joe is using, but if I could bottle it I'd make a fortune.

1 comment:

Philip Shropshire said...

Those pheromones are called AIPAC grasshopper...