Sunday, March 05, 2006

I Am Pat Tillman's Smirking Revenge.

So I was watching ESPNews tonight, and they actually talked a little bit about the Patrick Tillman inquiry, and that's when it hit me: This is a dangerous story for the Bush administration not just because Tillman was a minor celebrity, but because he was a pro athlete. Which means that this won't just play out in the regular news, but on the sports news as well. The joe sixpacks who can't be bothered with the regular news on TV or in the paper will know all about this story, because it's going to be in the sports section and on ESPN.

This could be more fun than the actual sports...

2 comments:

Mark Rauterkus said...

Sports and life merge often. But, I'm not at all sure what could be FUN about a death of a soldier. There is nothing to take glee about here.

Eli said...

Fair point; I sometimes lose perspective on these things. I just like the idea of the administration being made to squirm on their home turf, in front of their chosen audience.

I don't like the tragedy, but I like the accountability (or at least the faint hope thereof).