Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sunday Softball Blogging

Well, I had easily my best game of the season, but we still lost, 17-11 (I think). Only played 7 innings because the sun and the heat was just brutal out there. My legs were pretty much rubber by the 5th. But I still somehow managed to go 7 for 7 with a double, an RBI, and 3 runs, and played flawless defense - I think my fly ball radar is finally locked in.

Not a lot of pics, because we only had six players, which doesn't leave a lot of time between at-bats... or pitching... or catching, since each team had to provide their own.

Current Stats: 10 games, .563 BA (36-64), 7 2B, 18 runs, 13 RBI.


Run, Forrest, run!!! Posted by Hello

4 comments:

oldwhitelady said...

Nice action shot! I remember one time, I was playing softball, sweat so much that my watch broke. I don't think it was water resistant. It sounds like that was like your day, today. Too hot sometimes to exert so much. Good going on your playing, but sorry you lost.

Eli said...

Thanks. Yeah, I was pretty much walking wherever possible, and didn't make a whole lot of effort to back plays up the way I usually do.

Between getting a lot of action in the field, and being up every six batters, it was pretty exhausting. A finely conditioned Olympic athlete, I'm not.

Thers said...

There are some tips from the 5-Year-Old's tee-ball experience that might help. If you're tired, just lie down and kick the grass. If you're thirsty, juice boxes will be provided. If you're cranky, I'll come and promise you pizza later.

oldwhitelady said...

Ooooh, Eli, why don't you join the 5year old's T-ball team. That sounds like a lot of fun. Especially, the flopping down on your back and kicking the grass.
It may not be a tantrum, but I wouldn't mind throwing a good tantrum, now and then!