Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sunday Softball Blogging

All right! I took some practice swings on Saturday and took some BP before the game, and I seem to have recovered my batting mojo. Didn't do too great in terms of average (4-9 and hit into a double play), but at least I made contact, and really smoked the ball my last two at-bats (one right at the shortstop for an out, and one right over him all the way to the wall for a double). Very productive, too: 4 runs and 4 RBI, even though my team lost both ends of the doubleheader.

Outfield defense was erratic again (pretty normal for the beginning of the season... and the middle... and the end...), but I did have a nice running catch and double play and made some nice throws. I forgot to mention that I found a four-leaf clover in leftfield last week - oddly enough, this week I found a five-leaf clover in rightfield (which I had to hold between my lips through a very looooong defensive half-inning). Not entirely sure what that bodes...

Current Stats: 4 games, .500 BA (8-16), 1 2B, 6 runs, 5 RBI.

Career Stats: 31 games, .569 BA (120-211), 19 2B, 1 3B, 1 HR, 67 runs, 45 RBI.


Force at third.


Eye on the ball.


Total chaos!

No comments: