Thursday, July 07, 2005

The Joys Of eBay...

I just have to vent my frustration with some eBay/Half.com orders that have all gone horribly wrong in different ways...

Exhibit A: PS2 game never shows up. I wait 3 weeks and finally message the seller. No response for a week. I check my eBay messages: Nothing. I try to check Hotmail: Down. Finally leave negative feedback for seller, who it turns out finally did e-mail me today, asking if I got the package. Fab. She left me negative feedback and called me unprofessional, and now we're trading pissy e-mails (she just got out of the hospital, she was just about to send me a replacement...). What fun.

UPDATE: This one may actually work out okay - she sent me a mutual-negative-feedback-removal request form, and will send me a replacement with tracking and everything.

Exhibit B: Xbox game shows up, but is massively cracked and completely unreadable, much less playable. I message seller asking for replacement or refund, and he says it must have been cracked in shipping. I point out that the case is perfect, and that the disk looks fine from the front, and suggest that maybe they didn't inspect the back. No, no, they respond, they inspect everything before they send it - perhaps I somehow managed to crack the disk from hub to rim while removing it from the case, without even noticing it... Oh, and that Half.com has a process for resolving these sort of things. Yes, I'm sure that will go well. I suspect another exchange of negative feedback and pissy e-mails is in the offing, especially since they had perfect feedback up to now...

Exhibit C: Seller does everything right, but I have to redirect package to apartment leasing office so UPS will deliver. UPS tracking claims package was delivered and signed for by an actual leasing office person, but no sign of package; leasing office says UPS never even showed up on the day they supposedly delivered my package. Fabulous. I've asked the seller to open an investigation with UPS (receivers can't open investigations), God only knows how this one's gonna turn out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With London burning and shit all through the world, these are your priorities?

You shallow simpleminded fuckwit

Eli said...

Well, no - first I thought about which futures I should buy...


I'm appalled by the bombings in London, but I didn't think there was much point putting up a post just to say, "I'm appalled."