Sunday, May 08, 2005

Sunday Softball Blogging

Pretty crap day at the plate - I did hit three nice line drives, but one of them was right at someone, and another one was foul. Got a two-run double out of the other one, though. 3-9 overall, with the double and 2 RBI. Fielding was much improved, (almost) everything that hit my glove stuck, including a sweet running catch, and my arm was decent as well.

Current stats:
4 games, .440 BA, 2 2B, 4 runs, 7 RBI.



Mmm... Spidey-Softball... Posted by Hello

4 comments:

oldwhitelady said...

Eli Eli He's our man
If he can't do it,
no one can!

I'm being your cheerleader... Sounds like you had fun. I used to play softball when I was in my 20s. Wasn't that great at it, but always had a lot of fun. Learned that I definitely needed a water resistant watch...now, I seldom wear a watch.

Eli said...

Thanks! We don't really have any cheerleaders, so it's cool to have my own personal one...

I take my watch off so it doesn't interfere with my swing. Not that it'd make much difference.

I'm really a pretty damned bad softball player - I need to make sure I get the word out on that before EschaCon so no-one expects too much.

oldwhitelady said...

Oh, yeah. It is going to be co-ed, right? I might be tempted to play, though, I've forgotten all the rules. Isn't that the game where you kick the ball, then someone bats it, no one can touch the ball with their hands, and it has to get over the net (or is it through the hoop) to score?

Since you're getting all that exercise and experience, you'll probably be better than anyone else!

Eli said...

You should! It'd be fun!

Especially if it's an intrasquad scrimmage. If we're playing against non-Atriots, then we'll probably be a lot more competitive.

And no. Most people can still roll out of bed after a ten-year layoff and *still* play better than me.