Wednesday, April 27, 2005

I Should Have Such Problems.

From the NY Daily News:
...asked by his lead lawyer why a $25 million bonus from the company did not appear on his 1999 tax return, Kozlowski said he could not explain why.

"I just was not thinking when I signed my tax return that I had a $25 million loan forgiveness," Kozlowski said. "Year in and year out at Tyco, my tax returns for the most part had been correct. I didn't pick up on it."

Man, I wish I had enough money that $25 million could just... slip my mind.

3 comments:

oldwhitelady said...

How on earth do you get a $25 million bonus? I need to change jobs, dammit!

Eli said...

Maybe we already have, and it just slipped our minds.

I'll call my bank tomorrow and check.

oldwhitelady said...

Ok, Eli, I thought, "maybe he's right." I called my bank and (after laughing like hyenas) they tell me that not only do I not have $25 million in there, but I'm a bit overdrawn. Well, it was a good try!