Tuesday, July 04, 2006

They Get Comments

It's probably a complete waste of time, but I finally went to the DSCC's laughably titled From The Roots blog and vented about their continued support of Joe Lieberman, and their refusal to pledge to support Lamont if he wins the primary. Since they'll undoubtedly scrub it, I figured I might as well post it here...
How can you call your site "From The Roots", and boast about how grassroots-powered you are, and then completely ignore the obvious will of the grassroots, which is to support Lamont? Or at the very least, to pledge to support the Democratic nominee (that is what the D in DSCC stands for, yes?)?

You are already working against the grassroots by supporting Lieberman in the primary - if you back him as an independent, you will have essentially declared war on us.

Why is this blog even here, if you won't listen to anything we say? Is it purely so you can raise money? Or is it to create the appearance of wanting our feedback, like some kind of potemkin blog?
I recommend reading the entire thread - most of the comments are much better than mine...

5 comments:

Beth said...

Happy 4th Eli.

Your words are important, true patriots write, they speak, they meet, they inform and they question.

Eli said...

Thanks, Lizzy, you too!

You give me entirely too much credit, I'm afraid.

oldwhitelady said...

I agree with you. I thought the D in DSCC stood for Democrat. Perhaps it stands for dumbasses.

karmic said...

Way to go Eli.. and a happy 4 th!

Eli said...

I thought the D in DSCC stood for Democrat. Perhaps it stands for dumbasses.

So which do you prefer: "Schrumer" or "Shrumer"?


Thanks, jay! You too!