Sunday, February 27, 2005

Saturday Night Blogpimping

I would like to take this opportunity to entreat my vast readership of three or four people to check out V's new blog, called, surprisingly enough, Codename V. V's first post is a most excellent deconstruction of the much-anticipated Anaconda sequel, Anacondas: The Hunt For The Blood Orchid, entitled "V. watches crap films so you don't have to!"

Here is but a small sample:
Some general observations: films about really bigass gigantor snakes are possibly more interesting when seen on a bigass gigantor movie screen, and not my 20-something inch television. Also, character development was incredibly poor. I am not even sure how many characters there were, as several of them seemed to be different incarnations of the same one or two guys. I'm sure they all must have had names, but none of the characters were really fleshed out enough that I remembered what they were called. There was "pompous British asshole who wanted to Win At All Costs", there was "rugged boat captain guy", "cocky oversexed doctor", etc.
Good stuff! I no longer have any need to see the movie, although I probably will anyway...

6 comments:

V said...

Many thanks for the pimping. I declare you Blogpimp of the Year. You may now practice your "bitch better have my money" speech.

Eli said...

*runs out to get aquarium platform shoes*

V said...

Heh heh heh.

Michael said...

Hey there, Well not really into these kinds of movies, and this post comment is not really about your latest entry, however since you did say blog whoring I thought I would say thanks for linking my site Journey to Equality. Not sure if anyone that comes to your blog will find it of any use, but what the hell a plug is a plug. Thanks again and in exchange I linked your blog to the site too. Oh and yea we are striaght friendly too, really:)

Eli said...

No worries, mate. Pretty sure most of my visitors are gay friendly, too.

oldwhitelady said...

Hee - that was fun reading. It is helpful if someone does the watching and writes about it. I can then decide. I guess that's why I like Mad Magazine. They spoof a movie, then I know what happened, sort of...